What is Environmental,
Social & Governance (ESG)?
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), refers to a set of criteria used to evaluate a company’s performance and impact: environmental responsibility, social practices and corporate governance.
Basically, ESG looks beyond financial performance and takes into account a business’s broader contributions to the environment, society and its own stakeholders.
What we have to say on ESG!
“Doing what we can to preserve the planet for future generations is in our collective interest. Our ESG strategy is more than just a set of initiatives, it’s a comprehensive roadmap that guides our business decisions and shapes the Liquid Friday legacy”.
“Building a sustainable future is in all of our hands. At Liquid Friday, ESG is not just another acronym, it’s our pledge to lead with purpose through our commitment to environmental responsibility, social empowerment and ethical governance”.
Emissions Reduction Performance
We have previously set science based targets from 2018 to 2030. We have prepared our targets in line with best practice from the SBTi Corporate Net zero standard. However, we have not validated our targets against SBTi standards.
We have committed to reaching Net Zero ahead of 2050 and have prepared a target to reach Net Zero by 2040.
Carbon Reduction Projects
At Liquid Friday we have many plans in place on how we can make the change. We have set these plans as projects in which we hope to complete by 2030. These projects can be seen in our Strategy Guide and are also highlighted below in our “Completed & Planned Initiatives” table
- Removal of Gas consumption
- Replacement of all Lighting units throughout the office to an energy efficient LED system
- Replacement of poorly energy efficient Air Conditioning and Heating Systems through the office
- Switch to Electric Vehicles for the companies fleet
- Commitment from the Board of Directors to Net Zero and switch to Annual Monitoring
- Reforestation commitment during the transition to Net Zero to offset Carbon Footprint
- Creation of Procurement Policy focusing on Net Zero
- Supplier education initiative to reduce emissions to achieve net zero in line with the SBTi corporate net zero standard.
- Improved reporting of Carbon Footprint annually
- Work with building owners to switch to 100% renewable energy
- Reduce business travel by air, rail, and road through effective measurement and a sustainable travel policy.
- Continue to educate our own staff to reduce their carbon impact both in and outside of work
Strategy Guide 2023
Want to know more on what we are doing to make a change? Take a look at our very own Environmental, Social & Governance Strategy Guide.
Every Tonne Of CO2e
= 5 trees planted
Until we have reached NetZero we’re paying it forward for the planet by investing in sustainable tree planting in partnership with Switch2Zero who fund reforestation projects all over the world to offset our carbon impact.
Every New Contractor
= 1 tree Planted
We’re paying it forward for the planet by investing in sustainable tree planting in partnership with Switch2Zero who fund reforestation projects all over the world.
Making Changes Inside For The Outside
Sustainability isn’t out of reach! We firmly believe that by setting measurable, achievable ESG goals we’re not just building a successful business, but a better world.